|Furniture : furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
The following article has been contributed by Stefan Teek , titled Guide on furniture: Getting The Right Furniture And Maintaining It which is full of information on Furniture Shop Cheshire. There is also some useful links and other furniture tips to help you on your way to find furniture information.
Getting The Right Furniture And Maintaining It
By: Stefan Teek
Purchasing furniture sounds simple until you try to do it. There are lots of styles, prices and sales techniques. Knowledge is the key to a good experience, so here you go.
1. Dealer Negotiated Furniture Discounts Dealers mark up their furniture something fierce. If you want to get a better deal, it is not particularly difficult. Just ask them! If that fails, offer to pay in cash and watch their eyes light up.
2. Trying Out New Mattress You are going to sleep on the mattress for a long time. Lay down on it in the store just like you would at home. Lay there for 10 minutes or so to make sure it does the trick.
3. Hard and Soft Wood One would think a hardwood is better than a softwood. This is not really the case.
4. Antique Furniture Salespeople A sales persons job is to sell furniture, not necessarily be accurate. Dont rely on anything they tell you about an antique piece.
5. MDF Labels Look out for MDF on furniture labels. While the salesperson may be trying to tell you it is solid wood, MDF means it is medium density fiberboard.
6. Slip Sliding Furniture If you need to move furniture around a house, you can do it easily now. An enterprising company has pads you can place on the bottom of the legs that slide.
7. When to Clean Wood Furniture If you have wood furniture, you are in for good news. It really only needs to be cleaned when there is a wax build up.
8. Finding A New Mattress If it is time for a new mattress, you need to try them out. Make sure to wear slippers or flip flops so you are not constantly taking shoes on and off.
9. Hiding Furniture Scratches Scratches in your furniture can be absolutely maddening. Ah, but you can hide them. Try a padding lacquer.
10. Potpourri and Furniture As strange as it may sound, potpourri will destroy the finish on your furniture. Dont even sit the bag on it.
An important thing to remember is there is no reason you have to commit to a purchase right now. You can take your time. Many people will purchase pieces over months instead of all at once.
Article Source: http://www.Article-Warehouse.com
Locate patio furniture stores near you at FurnitureStoresforYou.com.
Feel free to grab a unique version of this article from the Unique Articles Submissions Service